Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What Am I Doing Here, Anyway?

A blog. I thought I needed a blog. Why? Because, first of all, I like to write. And I'm opinionated. And I like to get stuff down on paper... or in this case, onto a screen. I also like to hear what other people think. So if you have opinions, here's where you can talk about them. Or not. You can just read, if that's your preference.

You may find photos here, too. Old photos. Recent photos. Scanned photos. Other people's photos. Maybe your photos.

Oh, about the name. What's with the olives? And why on my fingers? Well, I love olives. I've loved them since I was very little. We always had them on the table for holiday dinners. And kids always wear olives on their fingers.

But for me, it goes farther. Olives are essential to Italians. Olives on my fingers... well, when I use my computer keyboard, my fingers are channeling that Italian influence.

It wasn't easy coming up with a name. I went through several, like Mostly True Stuff. (Already taken.) Pardon My Planet. (Taken.) Out of Focus. (Nah. I'm really focused.) Through My Lens. (Better for a photo site.) Snapshots of My Brain. (Too medical.) Happy Chicken. (Too... weird.) It's Hard to Be Queen. (Too snooty.) Mental Fireworks. (What? Am I on drugs?)

So, it's Olives on My Fingers. Unless you come up with something better.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment